JAY TAGGART-5 STAR CHEF
- BORN: KINGSTON, ONTARIO
- FAV TEAM: NY GIANTS /SYRACUSE
- MARRIED TO JUDY TAGGART- 2 sons
- OFFICIATES HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- RESIDENT DART CHAMPION
PAN SEARED BREAST OF PHEASANT
De-boned pheasant breast 4
Unsalted butter 1tbsp
2nd press olive oil 2tbsp
Kosher salt 2tbsp
Black pepper 1tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat cast iron or other oven proof skillet to about 300 degrees
3. Toss first 4 ingredients in medium stainless steel bowl until breasts are well coated.
4. Place breasts in skillet being sure to lay breasts away from you to avoid being splattered by hot grease.
5. Sear breasts on both sides until golden brown. hint: if breasts stick add a few drops of water to pan.
6. Place entire pan in oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove pan from oven. Place breasts on cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Place pan on stove, add butter and this will make an easy dipping sauce for the Pheasant.
8. Slice breasts, plate and enjoy.