Pan Seared Breast of Pheasant
- De-boned pheasant breast 4
- Unsalted butter 1tbsp
- 2nd press olive oil 2tbsp
- Kosher salt 2tbsp
- Black pepper 1tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat cast iron or other oven proof skillet to about 300 degrees
- Toss first 4 ingredients in medium stainless steel bowl until breasts are well coated.
- Place breasts in skillet being sure to lay breasts away from you to avoid being splattered by hot grease.
- Sear breasts on both sides until golden brown. hint: if breasts stick add a few drops of water to pan.
- Place entire pan in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Place breasts on cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Place pan on stove, add butter and this will make an easy dipping sauce for the Pheasant.
- Slice breasts, plate and enjoy.